Back in 1950, eight employees of the Naval Aviation Supply Depot discussed among themselves the wisdom of applying for a charter to form a credit union on the compound.
In March of 1951, the application was approved and charter #07161 was created in the name NASD-884 Federal Credit Union. In November of 1951 the charter name was amended to ASO-NASD Philadelphia Federal Credit Union. By 1952 we had grown to 780 members. By 1955 membership had grown to over 1,000 employees. Employees were hired to actually run to credit union in order to relieve the volunteer officers.
In 1956, the name of the credit union was changed to Military Supply Federal Credit Union and remained known by that name until 1993.
Today we are known as Metropolitan Service Federal Credit Union. A name that best represents the overall commitment and future direction of the credit union. We are a financial institution with a desire to continue to bring only the finest of needed services to our deserving membership as they walk through the paths of life.